Sunday, 6 July 2014
Novak Djokovic took the game 6-7 (7/9) 6-4 7-6 (7/4) 5-7 6-4 to win the Wimbledon men's singles title reclaiming World No.1 title, overtaking Rafael Nadal, while Federer moves up to third position.
Saturday, 5 July 2014
A 34 year old primary school teacher in the French town of Albi has been stabbed to death in front of her class by a pupil's mother.
Fabienne Terral-Calmes was attacked at the Edouard Herriot school on Friday morning.
According to the Education Minister Benoit Hamon, she appeared to have a "serious psychiatric disorder".
The attacker, 47 years old, was bringing her own daughter, aged five or six, to school as usual on Friday when she brought out a long knife, French broadcaster France Info reports.
She is said to have shouted "I am not a thief" before attacking.
Paramedics tried to save the teacher, but she died at the scene from a single stab wound to her side, around two hours after the assault.
Her attacker fled but was arrested a shortly as she wandered along a nearby street muttering incoherently, local prosecutor Claude Derens said.
The suspect was assessed by psychiatrists after her arrest and was found to be suffering from “severe mental problems in the form of delirious notions of persecution”, he told a press conference.
Local media reported that the suspect, who was not named officially, was already known to police over allegations of child neglect.
Le Point magazine reports that the suspect later told police her act was justified because "the teacher was bad" to her daughter.
Friday, 4 July 2014
Radio 1 presenter, Fearne Cotton got married to her long-term partner, Jesse Wood today in front of close friends and family at a registry office in Richmond.
Her husband, Jesse Wood is the son of Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood
The bride looked stunning in an elegant Pucci dress with sparkling silver sequin neckline and silver strappy heels, while her handsome groom wore a grey suit and blue tie.
The newlyweds began dating in 2011 after meeting in Ibiza.
Wednesday, 2 July 2014
Oliver Koffi, who works as a sales associate at a Louis Vuitton London branch, says his former supervisor told him, “Black people are slaves who eat dirt off the floor.”
Koffi alleges the words came as he was packing a pair of shoes for a customer in the stock room last December. His manager also reportedly referred to President Barack Obama as a “puppet” and said America would be better with Miss. Piggy as president since “Muslim people…don’t eat pork.”
In his lawsuit, Koffi says the manager’s tone was “cold and serious” while he made the comments. Three other staff members were also present at the time, it claims.
“His reference to slavery in this day and age with regards to Black people is quite frankly revolting,” Koffi stated in the suit.
“All of his comments were derogatory and a clear illustration of his prejudices toward other races and religions.”
Koffi says he confronted his boss following the statement. “I told him that I was offended by his comment. He did not deny making the comment. He apologized and claimed it was a ‘joke.’ It was not a joke at all.”
In addition, Koffi says his manager asked him questions about his nationality and usually referred to customers by race.
The manager also remarked that Louis Vuitton products were bad because they were “made in China,” the suit says.
A spokesman for the company says that “Louis Vuitton has a zero-tolerance policy to harassment of any kind.”
The organization also investigated the incident and “the manager in question no longer works with the company.”
1. Tangy citrus fruits:
Fruits like orange, lemon, kiwi, tangerine, fresh limes serve as excellent fat burners.
Citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C that boosts metabolism and burn fat faster compared to other fruits.
When you start a weight loss regime, consume citrus fruits with many other fat-burning fruits like apple, watermelon, grapes and strawberries for quick results.
2. Coloured vegetables:
Vegetables are rich in minerals and low on calories.
Veggies like cabbage, broccoli, tomatoes, spinach, beans, and peas are all rich in minerals and have nil fat content in them.
Instead of cooking vegetables with a lot of oil and spices, go for stir-fry veggies with a little olive or sunflower oil.
3. Various dals:Pulses or dal are rich in amino acids, low on calories, and fat. Sprouts are also rich in amino acids and can be included in your healthy diet.
4. Oats for breakfast:Oatmeal contains insoluble fibre and some carbohydrates that don’t let you feel hungry for a longer time and give you strength for better workout.
5. Nutty snacks:A handful of almonds or walnuts are good enough to keep you away from hunger and do not add to your calories.
6. Eggs are best:Eggs are protein rich, low in calories and fat to boost your metabolic rate.
7. Oily Fish:Salmon, mackerel, tuna are rich in protein are boosts metabolism. It contains good fatty acids (omega 3 acid) that burn your belly fat.
8. Lots of water:Water increases your metabolism and kicks start the fat burning process.
Workouts For Belly Fat:
Exercise 1:Leg Rotation works on your belly fat and stuffed cellulite in your thighs and hips.
- Lie flat on the ground and lock your hands behind your back while palms facing downward.
- Lift both your legs in the air at about 45 degrees angle from the ground.
- Start rotating them first in clockwise direction for 10 times and repeat the same in anti-clockwise direction without any break.
- Initially, start with 2 clockwise and 2 anti-clockwise rotations and with single legs.
- Beginner can bend their knees and then rotate.
- Do 5-6 sets without any rest.
- Lie in the same position as the previous asana with hands locked at your back.
- Lift your legs up at 45 degrees angle and lift it up and down.
- Repeat another 5-6 sets.
- Begin with single legs i.e. first 10 up and down with your right leg and then left leg.
Exercise3:Crunches do wonders to cut down belly fat. Its time you get started doing this abs crunching exercise in the right way.
i. Lie down flat on a mat with your knees bent and feet on the ground. Alternatively you can.
also lift your legs off the floor at 90 degrees angle.
ii. Now lift your hands and place them behind your head or keep them crossed on your chest.
iii.Inhale deeply and as you lift your upper torso off the floor, exhale.
Do this for 10 times as a beginner and repeat another 2-3 sets.
As you lift your torso, sit at 30-40 degrees angle off the ground to feel pressure on your abdominal muscles.
Exercise 4:i. Lie on the floor and keep your hands either by your side or behind your head as in crunches.
ii. Now lift both your legs off the ground bent at the knees.
iii. Bring your right knee close to your chest keeping your left leg out.iv. Taking your right leg out, bring your left leg close to your chest.
So these are a few exercises and the right diet to help you get those flat abs you always lusted for.
Beyoncé has played 95 shows during her tour and brought in a whopping $2.4million per gig.....no wonder she has taken the no.1 spot in the 15th Annual Forbes Celebrity 100 list!
Not only did hit song ‘Drunk In Love’ go platinum, but with ad campaigns with the likes of Pepsi and H&M, as well as a line of fragrances and a clothing company, Bey is estimated to have earned $115million in the past year.
Jay also placed high on the Celebrity 100 list this year, in sixth position with an extimated $60million in earnings.
Check out the top 10 below:
1. Beyoncé Knowles - $115 million
2. LeBron James - $72 million
3. Dr. Dre $620 - million
4. Oprah Winfrey - $82 million
5. Ellen DeGeneres - $70 million
6. Jay Z - $60 million
7. Floyd Mayweather - $105 million
8. Rihanna - $48 million
9. Katy Perry - $40 million
10. Robert Downey Jr. - $75 million