Pages

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Unemployed graduate Alfred Ajani holds up sign advertising himself during rush hour at Waterloo station...see the reactions he got

CV 


22 year old Alfred Ajani has applied for over 300 jobs since getting a degree in marketing in May but nothing has come up yet. So he decided to hold up a sign advertising himself and hand out his CVs during morning rush hour at Waterloo station.

Alfred (pictured) stood at the entrance to the busy station holding a sign stating: 'Marketing graduate (BA Hons 2:1 Coventry Uni) Ask for CV'.

He said:

'I realised that there are thousands of students out there using the same old methods of applying for jobs online and through recruitment agencies and so I thought I'd try something different.

'I got up early and went to the station. At first people just looked at me but after about 10 minutes people starting stopping and talking. They said they'd never seen anything like it before and were really impressed.

'One woman worked in advertising and took a CV and another guy ran back from his train and said he'd walked past but had started thinking and might have something for me.'

Alfred added: 'I've already had some phone calls and have got an interview booked for later today. The support was great, one man even bought me a cup of tea and told me "good luck".'



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Us Your Views