Pages

Wednesday 24 June 2015

Boston bomber Tsarnaev apologizes for `suffering' and lives `taken' as he gets death sentence





Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev apologized today in court for the killing and maiming people by bombing. He made this apology in court before he was hauled away after being sentenced to death.

"I did do it, along with my brother," he admitted, breaking his two-year silence. "I am sorry for the lives that I've taken, the suffering that I've caused and the damage I have done."

"I've learned their names, their faces ... the suffering that was, the hardship that still is," he said reading from a statement.

Judge George A. O'Toole then sentenced him to death by execution, plus a concurrent life sentence without the possibility of release.

Those in the courtroom included Denise and Bill Richard, parents of 8-year-old Martin Richard, the youngest victim of the bombing.

''Tsarnaev'', said Bill Richard when his turn to speak came, "chose hate, he chose destruction, he chose death. We choose love, we choose kindness, we choose peace. That is what makes us different from him," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Us Your Views