Pages

Tuesday 30 October 2012

Governor Ajimobi's Wife: I Was Never Arrested by Met Police




Wife of Oyo State Governor, Florence Abiola Ajimobi, has denied claims of her arrest by the Metropolitan Police for money laundering as reported in some online media.

Mrs. Ajimobi who spoke in a telephone interview said the story of her arrest was both shocking and surprising.

An online media had run a story of the purported arrest of the governor's wife for allegedly laundering N500million.

But the embattled First Lady told newsmen on telephone Tuesday night that she was never invited nor arrested by the Met police on any charge.

"I have never been invited by the police. I don't know where they got the information from. I don't know what they are talking about. It is all lies," she said.

She, however, confirmed being in London to attend to her 14-year-old daughter, who is schooling in the United Kingdom.

She promised to return to the country Wednesday.

Florence also denied that she has been to London 52 times since her husband's inauguration as the state governor.

"It is laughable that I have travelled 52 times. It means that I hardly stay in Ibadan or I travel every week.

"I have been living in London since 2007. I have even travelled less since 2011 when my husband became the governor," she said.


thisdaylive

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Us Your Views