Pages

Wednesday 11 December 2013

Imo State Police arrest serial killer behind the death of a 12 year old girl

Imo police arrest serial rapist

A 34-year-old man, identified as Chichi, a native of Nkwerre has been arrested for abducting a 12-year-old girl, who he allegedly raped to death and dumped in a disused well.
The decomposing body of the victim, who was declared missing two months ago, was  discovered after the suspect who had earlier gone into hiding, was apprehended by the police.

While parading the suspect before journalists yesterday, Imo State Police Commissioner, Muhammad Musa Katsina, alleged that the suspect was a serial rapist, saying he had been banished from his village for similar offence.

According to him, the suspect allegedly lured the victim to his one room apartment in a deserted building, where he held her captive and raped her repeatedly and thereafter strangled her an dumped her body in a disused well to conceal the crime.

The police commissioner further disclosed that the principal suspect, who had fled to Umugba village in Abia State later sneaked back into the community and fell into the hands of the command’s ambush squad who had been trailing him.

According to Katsina, the arrest of the suspect and interrogation revealed that after he had abducted the girl, he took her to a very remote but deserted building where he kept her in captivity, using the opportunity to rape her until she died. The suspect then dragged his victim’s lifeless body to a deep well and dumped it. The corpse has been identifed and brought out for autopsy.

Meanwhile, the suspect who confessed to the crime revealed that his victim was one of the little children in the neighbourhood that used to greet him each time while passing through their compound.
“But on that fateful day, she followed me to my house and asked me to give her my phone and while she was operating the phone, the spirit of rape came upon me and I forcefully raped her and I held her on the throat to stop her from shouting but when I noticed that she was no more struggling, I thought that she had fainted so when I finished I locked her in the room and went out.

“When I came back and discovered that she was dead, I wrapped her up with clothes and waited until 1.30am when everywhere was quiet and dragged her out and dumped her.




#thesunonline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Us Your Views