Pages

Monday 18 November 2013

AMAZING! Complete strangers who just happen to look identical. Check out these amazing photos of doppelgangers from around the world.




Everyone loves a good look-alike, but one enthusiastic artist has travelled the length and breadth of the planet to put together this stunning photo series of the world's greatest doppelgangers.
Canadian Francois Brunelle was so fascinated by the phenomenon of complete strangers having almost identical doubles that he spent 12 years tracking down people with eerily similar features.
Settling only for the deadliest of dead ringers, the 62-year-old from Montreal has created the I'm Not a Look-Alike project - a huge photo exhibition of unrelated 'twins' shot in black and white.
And we have Brunelle's own resemblance to British comedy character Mr Bean to thank for his wacky manhunt.
"I was inspired by 2 things: first I used to see look-alikes all over since a very long time. Second, my own likeness with TV character Mr Bean," he said.
Mr Bean and Francois Brunelle
Twin entertainers: Francois Brunelle and Mr Bean
 











"The project is about sharing the passion that I have for the likeliness in people.
"It allows me to concentrate on the face of my subjects and bring the spectator to a close encounter with them."
He explained: "Some of them are from the same city, others from different countries, different cultures.
"I am fascinated by the fact that a man born and raised in Hungary would bear a strong resemblance to a person born and raised in Canada.
"Or that a couple, living together just look like brother and sister."

I'm not a look-alike! by Francois Brunelle - Jan 2013
Separated at birth? Stephane Morin and Claude-Simon Langlois in Montreal (Francois Brunelle / Rex)

The good news for look-alike lovers here in Britain, is that Brunelle is still searching for our best dopplegangers to complete his ludicrous line-up.

"I am still looking for look-alikes, especially in the UK but in any country in fact, in order to finish the part of the project implying taking the actual photos," he said.

"After that I have to find a museum willing to exhibit the 200 photos of look-alikes taken by me since 2000."




#mirror.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Us Your Views