Pages

Thursday 21 November 2013

Cheryl Cole congratulates newlywed Cher Lloyd on her secret wedding to Craig Monk



Cheryl Cole appeared to extend an olive branch to Cher Lloyd on Wednesday by congratulating the young singer on her surprise marriage to hairdresser Craig Monk.

The precocious 20-year-old broke the news on Instagram, where she is followed by 1,536,472 fans, by posting a black and white shot taken shorty after they exchanged vows.

Dressed in a stunning off the shoulder gown, Cher clutches a small bouquet of white roses as she stands side by side with hairdresser Craig, who originally proposed in 2011.




I do: Cher Lloyd posted this intimate wedding snap on her Instagram account on Wednesday


Mentor: Former X Factor judge Cheryl picked Cher as one of her final three alongside Rebecca Ferguson and Katie Waissel in 2010




As the messages flooded in from well-meaning fans, Cheryl quickly reached out to her X Factor protégé.

‘'Wow!! Heard your good news. Congratulations @CherLloyd I hope you have many more happy years and memories to come. Cheryl x,’ she tweeted.

The message got an immediate reply from Cher, who responded with: ‘Thank you so much!!!!’

Their interaction on Wednesday evening draws a line under the ugly spat that reached boiling point earlier this year, when the Swagger Jagger star commented that her former mentor could only sing with the aid of auto-tune.

'She's new. She needs to learn a lot,’ Cheryl later told GQ. ‘I went through hell to get her on that programme.

‘Everyone says stuff at the beginning of their career that they will learn to regret.'



Happy couple: The pair have made numerous public appearances sine announcing their engagement in 2011


The unimpressed singer also tweeted: 'Be careful who you kick on your way up. They kick you twice as hard on your way back down.. #unappreciationisugly.'

A caption next to her recent Instagram shot, dated 18/11/2013 ❤️, implied that the wedding took place on Monday - although additional details surrounding the event have been withheld.

'Cher and Craig are married but all other details are private,'a spokesperson told MailOnline.

The hairdresser, 23, looked handsome in a suit and tie with a single rose on the lapel, while a clearly delighted Cher beamed.

In April 2012, she told the Daily Mirror: 'I'm engaged and want to get married as soon as possible. I can't wait.

'I love Craig and he makes me happy. I know I am going to spend the rest of my life with him.'



Happy couple: Cher and her hairdresser boyfriend seemingly tied the knot in a secret ceremony on Monday


When asked about her choice to get engaged at such a young age, the star said: 'People are negative no matter what you do. People are always going to say, "She's too young!"

'I'm from a Gypsy background! I'm meant to be married by now. But I’m happy, really happy. I love him to pieces, more than anything in the world, but I don’t want people to take that away from me.

'I know I’ve got my whole life ahead of me, but why not get hitched now?'

The pair met in April 2011 when Craig fitted her hair extensions at the Four salon in Mayfair.

The singer shot to fame on The X Factor after she was mentored by Cheryl Cole, reaching fourth during the live shows.

She was snapped up by Simon Cowell's record label Syco straight after the competition and scored a debut number one with first single Swagger Jagger.




Lady is the vamp: Cher Lloyd shot to singing success thanks to her successful run in the X Factor, despite not winning she still made it to the finals



 #dailymail

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! All the pictures are very good. They all are looking Gorgeous!!!.


    Regards,
    Luxury Hair extensions

    ReplyDelete

Tell Us Your Views