Pages

Friday 15 November 2013

American Idol was like working "in hell with Satan" - Mariah Carey

Mariah says she did not enjoy her American Idol job


Singer Mariah Carey hated working on American Idol and says it was like working "every day in hell with Satan."

The star isn't known for holding back if she's annoyed - and she certainly hasn't minced her words when it comes to spilling the beans on her talent show job.

She served as a judge for one season of the musical competition and had a quite a lot to say about the programme on US radio show Hot 97.

She said: "Honestly, I hated it. Here's what it was. I was the first person who signed on...I thought it was going to be a three-person panel.

"They gave me a nice...monetary moment, and I was just like, 'Okay, Randy Jackson will be there; I've known him forever. He used to play bass for me. Like, this isn't a big deal. This will be nothing.'"

"But it wasn't that," she continued. "It was like going to work every day in hell with Satan."

It wasn't all bad, though. Apart from the pay, Carey said that the hopeful contestants made the experience worthwhile.

She said: "You know what I loved? I loved the contestants. And some of them that were so good -- and also really good people, you could tell -- it was disappointing when [the judges] would, for political reasons, not put people through."

Last month, Mariah released the title track from her new album The Art Of Letting Go on November 11.

She spent this year working on the album, while recovering from a shoulder injury she sustained after a fall.




#mirror.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Us Your Views